Workers' Comp Services
Investigative Resource Center, Inc. is a lead provider in specialty services for both individuals and corporations. From fraud investigation to marriage surveillance to Workers' Comp Investigations, IRC has all of the resources you need to seek justice regardless of the situation. We are here to help corporations in need of our services when they believe they are being defrauded or employees who have been unfairly treated for filing Workers' Comp claims. IRC has helped in workers' comp fraud for countless customers in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania
So what is Workers Compensation Fraud?
Workers compensation fraud occurs when a claimant, employer, or health care provider knowingly lies in order to gain an advantage, savings, money, or other benefit. While many people believe that workers compensation fraud solely consists of employees lying about or exaggerating their injuries, workers compensation fraud can involve both employers and employees. Our experts here at IRC conduct investigations for both the employee and employer.
Statistics you should know:
- 1 in 4 Americans think it's okay to defraud insurers
- $4.35 million dollars of insurance premium fraud was discovered in 2009
- Between 2005 and 2009, $25 billion in disability payments were based on fraud
- Workers compensation fraud costs the industry $5 billion annually
- The average household pays $200-$300 extra per year in premiums to offset the cost of fraud
- Injuries with no witnesses
- Delays in reporting injuries
- Delays in seeking medical treatment and/or missed appointments
- Injury while off of work
- Financial stress at home
- Filing multiple claims
- Injury concurrent with termination
- Denial of valid claims
- Late issuance of disability checks
- Misclassification of workforce and the nature of work being done by employees
- Refusal to purchase insurance for employees
- Making examples of employees who have submitted claims
If you believe you are being defrauded, contact Investigative Resource Center, Inc. immediately.